At Simple Focus, a Front-End Developer delivers on the promise of great strategy and gorgeous design.
You must have experience bringing a teammate’s designs to life, meaning you can take a flat design comp and transform it with engaging, thoughtful interactions. But don’t stop there. We want you taking strong concepts and elevating them into jaw-dropping interactive experiences by suggesting weirdo stuff that only a great developer knows how to do.
You would spend a lot of time building CMS-based websites for clients, so you will rely on tried-and-true platforms like Wordpress, Craft and all of the great e-commerce platforms. But, we want you empowered to push boundaries, consider alternate platforms and find new ways to solve old problems.
We believe in the power of interactive design and development to do just about anything. You would be part of an adventurous crew that’s willing to roll up their sleeves and figure things out, even when it seems impossible.
If you’ve worked with Rails and Node.js, that’s fantastic. We’ve got work for you there too.
How This Would All Go Down
In Your First Week
- Meet your coworkers and learn how we work as a team.
- Review our current lineup of projects.
- Familiarize yourself with our systems and processes.
- Attend planning meetings for your first project.
- Start writing code.
In Your First Month
- Build a website from start to finish using Wordpress, Craft or another popular CMS.
- Collaborate with a designer to help realize their design.
- Document potential areas of improvement in your or the team’s processes, focusing on efficiency and quality.
In Your First Three Months
- Get in the groove on building beautiful and efficient websites.
- Collaborate with other developers to create, document and adhere to a consistent workflow.
- Involve yourself in the design process to identify opportunities to elevate design and architecture through creative development solutions.
- Begin tinkering with our SasS products in Ruby on Rails and Node.js.
- The basics of executing on a CMS site are easy, and now we have a process for getting it done quickly.
- You’re focused on micro-interactions, animation and general badassery making our websites dynamic and world-class.
- Alongside client work, you’re adding features and improving the UI of our full product lineup.
We offer full health insurance, retirement and a total of six weeks off per year. You’ll also have your choice of working in Portland (Oregon), Memphis or Chattanooga. It’s a pretty sweet deal.
If you’re interested in working with us, we’d love to meet you. Send us links to your work and any Github contributions you can share. We’ll set up a time to talk.
Get ready to work hard and learn a ton.
- Able to write clean and semantic HTML and CSS
- Proficient with Git and other techniques for collaborative coding
- Comfortable using (or at least learning about) task runners, deployment automation and managing multiple environments
- Not scared by complicated problems